Social legal urgency
The purpose of the project is for students under the management of a mentor of pedagogics to discuss the typical legal problems which the people from the most disadvantaged social groups in the Goriška Region have to face and to form the first legal solutions for such problems. Like this the students gain precious knowledge on solving practical (legal) problems, earn something, and also establish connections with prospective employers.
Nova University – European Faculty of Law (leading partner), Institution Foundation BiT Planota
Offering free legal help to the socially most disadvantaged groups in the Goriška Region.
- Improvement of the “legal” situation and also psychosocial situation in the local environment for the seekers of such help.
- Positive effect on the whole local environment due to the improvement of the social situation.
- Completion of the offer in the legal-social field at the Non-governmental Organizations Centre.
- Improvement of the students’ legal knowledge, especially by using the theories that they have learnt at school in practice.
- Students gaining special social skills in helping disadvantaged groups and a social sense for working in a sociable environment.
- Upgrade on the students’ practical skills thereby increasing their employment chances in the local and Slovenian area.
- Development of the Centre for Social Legal Help to the Disadvantaged Groups at the European Faculty of Law, which continues its operations even after the project ends.
- Spread of the good practices learnt through the project with the promotion of the project to other sectors in the region and also elsewhere in Slovenia.
4 months; from 1st March 2018 to 30th June 2018.
Total value is 18.584 €.