Regional NGO centre Planota
Since 2008 the Institution Foundation BiT Planota carries the role of a regional centre for non-governmental organizations in the Goriška Statistical Region. The project Regional NGO Centre Planota is financed by the Ministry of Public Administration of the Republic of Slovenia.
The foundation acts as the centre of non-governmental organizations for 13 municipalities of our region since April 2008 with the purpose of long-term development of the non-governmental sector and effective collaboration between non-governmental organizations for the preparation and execution of public politics. The realization of the planned project’s activities leads to three specific objectives, which are:
- reinforcement of information, organizational, professional and counselling qualifications of the NGOs,
- contribution to a bigger role of the NGOs in the formation of local/regional politics,
- reinforcement of trans-sectoral networking and collaboration for solving the local needs.
The project is being executed between 2019 and 2023 with the joined partners, including societies and other NGOs, municipalities, ministries and social businesses. We see the NGOs as the partners of the region’s public and economic sector by improving the living conditions, employment and protection of the environment.
- Supporting a joint action of the NGOs in front of the local authorities, with the integration of the NGOs not only in preparing the municipality’s programmes and budget, but also in making the decisions which are for the development of the NGOs.
- Encouraging a joint promotion and helping the recognisability of the NGO sector in the region.
- Spreading the knowledge and skills for leading and managing an NGO.
- Cooperating on projects.
- Targeted information for the NGO – identifying opportunities for addressing the local needs and executing counselling on the local/regional level.
- Better qualification (professional, counselling, organizational) of the NGOs in the region with the emphasis on the NGOs with potential, with the purpose of satisfying the chosen local needs.
- Effective and successful process of counselling for reaching the necessary changes in the local/regional politics, with the purpose of addressing the needs of the community.
- Establishment of viable partnerships with the local, regional, national and European institutions, media, business partners and other agents, that are important for satisfying the local needs, especially for solving the issues of long-lived society.
- Identification and establishment of new sustainable services for solving the local needs, especially for solving the issues of long-lived society.
From 1st November 2015 to 31st October 2019.
Total value is 320.000 €.