Mobile Tourist Incubator – MOTOR (ENGINE)
The project MOTOR contributes to the improvement of the tourist offer in three specific areas: developed tourist destination in the protected natural area, less developed area in the countryside, and old town with rich cultural heritage.
9 partners from Italy and Slovenia collaborate on the project: BSC, Business Support Centre, d.o.o., Kranj (leading partner); Institution Foundation BiT Planota; Municipality of Jesenice; TOURISM BOHINJ – Public Institute for Promotion of Tourism; Agency DELTA 2000 – Local Development Agency and Action Group; Ferrara Region (IT); Rovigo Region (IT); INFORMEST – Service and Documentation Centre for International Economic Collaboration – The Department for Developmental Projects.
Designing eight local incubators in the selected areas for joint promotion of a competitive tourist offer. One of them is in the area of Banjšice and Trnovo Plateau.
- Establishing a Centre of Excellence for Tourism where a group of qualified experts offers individual counselling and trainings to the agents of tourism.
- Joint study on the potential of tourism and on the development plan for the specific areas that are developed through the project.
- Joint cross-border tourist packages.
- Organizing study trips and excursions for visiting the examples of good practices.
- Joint promotional folder with the pamphlets of the areas that are developed through the project.
- Joint presentation at the commercial fair for the journalists, tour operators and others.
Execution of six pilot projects for the improvement of the existing tourist offer, one pilot project is in the Goriška Region.
30 months; from 1st September 2011 to 28th February 2014.
Total value is 1.287.000 €, from where the Slovenian side adds up to 567.000 €.