Herbal Path through Space and Time – DAR ZELI (HERBS’ GIFT)
The main purpose of the project DAR ZELI is promoting the revival of the natural and cultural herbalism heritage, and raising the awareness on the importance of conservation of nature and preservation of ecologically clean environment. Simultaneously the project also strengthens the social life in the village, contributes to the recognisability of the region and expands the tourist offer on the Banjšice and Trnovo Plateau.
Institution Foundation BiT Planota (leading partner), Tourism Society Ravne – Bate, Municipality of Kanal ob Soči, Municipality of Nova Gorica.
- Presenting the aromatic and medicinal plants characteristic for the Plateau.
- Training the locals and the visitors on making various herbal products.
- Integration of the natural and cultural heritage into the development of the countryside and into the tourist offer of the Plateau.
- Preparing and planning a circular herbal path through space and time.
- Construction and maintenance of the path.
- Identifying and determining the aromatic and medicinal plants in the area and labelling other attractions.
- Making a herbarium of the Plateau’s self-grown aromatic and medicinal plants.
- Preparing and setting up a permanent exhibition in the Herbal Centre Herbitium.
- Designing a brochure in four languages (SL / EN / DE / IT).
- Preparing and executing workshops for different target groups (children, students, women from the countryside, unemployed, over 50-year-old elders).
- Preparing a marketing strategy and promoting the Herbal Centre Herbitium and the Hebral Educational Path.
- 30% more visitors at the Herbal Centre Herbitium.
- Setting up a permanent exhibition consisting of 30 exhibit pieces with the presentation of the Plateau’s characteristic aromatic and medicinal plants and of the cultural heritage of Plateau’s herbalism.
- Establishing and labelling the circular Herbal Path with 5 educational points.
- 35 more people trained for making various herbal products thanks to the project.
From 1st January 2012 to 31st August 2013.
Total value is 22.093,00 €.